TO ALL FSVP IMPORTERS
Posted on June 8, 2022 by Scott Case
The Compliance Date for FDA acceptable DUNS numbers is
July 24, 2022
- Starting July 24, 2022 The Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) will no longer accept the identification code “UNK” as the Entity Number when filing an entry with (CBP).
- FDA will only accept a valid DUNS number for the UFI
- FDA verifies DUNS numbers by confirming the information matches the food facility registration information
- If the DUNS and the FDA registration information do not match the DUNS number will not be acceptable.
- Search the Import Safety Lookup Portal (ISLP) https://importregistration.dnb.com/
- If your company is not found
Check Your Registration
- If your UFI is “pending” you must provide a DUNS number
- If you do not have a DUNS number, you must apply for one https://www.dnb.com/duns-number/get-a-duns.html
- Updated guidance from the FDA can be found at. https://www.fda.gov/food/cfsan-constituent-updates/fda-issues-updated-guidance-compliance-and-date-providing-acceptable-unique-facility-identifier-